Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rookie mistake.

Outside of the stray smudge of vanilla icing licked from my finger, out of muscle memory and not intentional defiance of my oath, I have remained a faithful vegan for 19 days. Which is true, only, if you'll forgive me the meatball and a half I ate on Wednesday. With more than a glass of wine in me, I proved no match for the meatballs, made in abundance in meatier days, of my own making. Mostly, I blame John for trusting I could keep myself from his meal. Rookie mistake.

The following morning I re-committed to the month long eating disorder. On Friday, I made vegan meatballs to reconcile my previous deficiency. John Kelly, an occasional pseudo vegan out of default, humored my efforts, comparing the vegan meatballs to frozen yogurt rather than ice cream, "gets the job done, but falls short of perfection."

When this month is through, I may take on other challenges. Just think of the possibilities! At dinner parties, you'll overhear me say, "Oh yes, I was one for a month..."

No comments: