Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Vegan Challenge: Walking around in the dark.

Eating a vegan diet, at least at first, is like hanging out at home when the power goes out. You think, oh, I'll just watch a movie. D'oh!
Or, I'll just microwave some popcorn to pass the time. Double d'oh! I find myself thinking, this would be good with yogurt. Or, I'll just have the macaroni and cheese.

But, just as I eventually light the candles and pull out the old board game, only to remember I kick ass at Scrabble; I'm finding that vegetables taste great without butter and remembering I passed on pork for years.

So, on day three of taking the one month vegan challenge, I say: Heck yes and please pass the cream. D'oh! I mean almond milk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the immortal words of Vincent Vega: "But bacon is good... pork chops are good."